Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lil M Stories!

I just had to write some of the cute things Maddie has been doing lately! Yesterday we sat down to lunch and apparently my growling stomach took over and I forgot to say prayer before we started eating. All of the sudden, Maddie just starts praying. I could not believe what a great prayer she gave without any help or me reminding her. Then this morning I was listening to her talking in her crib. I couldn't understand what she was saying so I snuck in to her room, where I saw her kneeling along with her 2 baby dolls, praying. I came in just in time to hear her say in her sweet little voice, "Jesus Christ, Amen." She is such a little angel and I can not believe that at less than 2 years old she is already setting the example for me. I love that little girl to pieces!!!
On a funnier note: When we were in CA for Thanksgiving, all the girls were upstairs getting ready. When we came down, Maddie came up to my sister and said, "I SO missed you!"
The other day her hair kept falling in her face, so I tucked it behind her ear and she said, "I so pretty hair!"
I was trying to change her diaper, and she kept running away. She always thinks it's a game when it's diaper changing time. I change her diaper 5, or 6 times a day, and I was not very amused at her little antics to get out of her diaper change. So I said,"You have to the count of 3 to be laying down or you're going on time out! 1, 2..." By then she was laying down so I quit counting, but she continued for me "3, 4, 5....." all the way up to 10. I heard Ster from the other room start cracking up!
My brother in law and little niece were over, and as they were getting ready to go Maddie decided she wanted to go too. So she asked her Uncle if she could come, and he said, "Sure!" And pretended to come and get her. As soon as he got close, she got this "oh man he's really going to take me" look on her face, and she said with a scared little smile on her face, "No... I tease!" We laughed so hard!

2 comments:

The Jones Family said...

haha i love hearing lil stories about MAddie- I can't believe i still haven't met her!! grr

ToddandTrisha said...

what a little smarty pants! She sure is growing up. Haven't talked in a while hope all is going well.