Thursday, February 3, 2011

Birthday Bash Extravaganzas!

I know what you are going to say after reading this post. "Man, Kristin really needs to take more pictures!" I may take a tad too many. Ster told me that in about 3 months time I had taken almost 3000 pictures!!! I still think he was mistaken, but in my defense, just in case he's right, it was over Christmas, which was B's first and the first one that Maddie REALLY knew what was going on...AND, it was combined with my mom's pics and my father-in-laws. So there! Now onto our wild weekend:
Photobucket
So poor Brooklyn had been sick all week while my parents were here. She was so fussy, which is way out of character for her. I kept thinking it was because she was getting 4 new teeth all at once, but friday before her party she seemed to be getting worse. So I took her in and found out she had an ear infection. Poor baby. So I loaded her up on antibiotics and tylenol and decided, "The show must go on!" We had people that had traveled far and wide to come to this. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Fil! She surprised us all with her realtively happy demeanor most of the night! 


Photobucket
We got her a wagon which she wanted to hang out in most of the night, and every day since. I love the picture of her making out with the ceramic piggy bank!


Photobucket
The wagon was not only a hit with Baby B, but Maddie and cousin loved it too!


Photobucket
When it came time for the cake, I really wondered what she would do. She is the most picky eater and with her being sick on top of it...not one single bite, lick, taste. Nothing! I even put some frosting on her lips and she would not even lick her lips. Then she sneezed on the cake, and with her being sick, we all passed on eating any of it! Lol!


Photobucket
Maddie had an awesome birthday packed with fun! Daddy cooked everyone a yummy breakfast! Then in the afternoon, we all went ice skating. They have these awesome walkers for kids learning to skate.


Photobucket
The best part of the ice skating was that they let you bring the strollers on the ice. How cool is that! There were 2 other people with strollers on the ice too. (Only in UT right!) B loved it. She was kicking her feet like crazy! Maddie chose to wear her princess tutu from Glamma!


Photobucket
Let the "Fancy Nancy" party begin. I made a bunch of tissue paper pom pom balls that hung from the light. I wanted to make more, but ran out of time...I guess that was good, because Ster thought I had gone a bit overboard already. Maddie asked me to make her a crown cake. So I did that and added some of the bling rings from the party to it! Then we set out little bowls with earrings, bracelets, and rings for everyone to put on. Maddie also picked out boas for all the girls to wear.


Photobucket
Here's some pics of us all dressed up. We even got B to wear the earrings for a bit. I am so mad though....I looked and looked and could not find a pic of my mom all decked out at the party! Just know that she was!


Photobucket
Maddie loved ALL of her gifts! She was so excited to open each and every one! Maddie's cousin picked out this purple pillow pet(the first pic) and Maddie LOVES it. She has slept with it every night since! We got her a kitchen set which has been a total hit with both of the girls. Now when I am making dinner, M goes to "her house" to make her own dinner. So cute! I am so grateful to have such an awesome family! My parents came for a week to hang out and be here for the girls' birthdays , my father-in-law was able to take time out of his crazy busy schedule to be here, and my B.I.L. and S.I.L. let us monopolize their weekend to be here for both parties. What an awesome family I have! I love you guys! We missed every one that couldn't make it and still love you guys too. Wink!!

2 comments:

The Hartle's said...

Busy girl! Looks like fun. Both Maggie and Nelly have been sick too.

Nicole said...

It's not possible to take too many pictures!