Friday, July 2, 2010

Maddie's Prayers!

Maddie just said our lunch prayer and she said, " Heavenly Father you are a cool man, and Jesus is a cool man, an Daddy is a cool man, and G'pa is a cool man. Bless my food that Mommy put in the oven and Mommy has her soda..." It was so hard for me to keep a straight face! She has been getting quite independent and wanting to say payers all by herself, and I love seeing how her little brain works.

This was Maddie at about 1 years old, sitting on her lil horse and folding her arms for prayer.

 A couple weeks ago we got a bunch of our concrete poured and Uncle Aaron was there with his crew. Maddie kept yelling at him: "Uncle push me in the swing... Hi Uncle.... Uncle I like your pretty boots..." She was so excited to see him working outside her window that she couldn't go to sleep at nap time. I went out front to check on the progress of the sidewalk,(thinking Maddie was asleep) only to see her standing in the window, banging on the glass saying, "Uncle come get me!!!" .....So that night in her prayer she said, " ....Thank you for my Uncle Aaron he say hi to me. He said...'hi-iii'! Like that!"




I just love this sweet picture of Brooklyn!

4 comments:

Vickie said...

That Brooklyn picture really is adorable. I love the prayer stories....but I bet both Grandpas will be a bit sad to hear they didn't make the "cool man" list. Kudos to Great Grandpa though! At 79, he's still got it!

Glad said...

Have to add my ADORABLE to Brooklyn's pic, so darn cute just makes you want to smother her with kisses.

That Maddie is a corker!!!! All the men in her life are sooo cool....isn't that neat.

We all need to go back to school and study hard, get a degree in phsycology so we can learn how her little mind works and then maybe we can deal with her. She's leaving us all in the dust, we just shake our heads at what comes out of her mouth.

Presley family said...

So sweet....LOVE her prayer.
Both of your girls are just dolls, so adorable!!!
BIG HUGS!!

Nicole said...

OKAY, the prayers are priceless! I was cracking up!

My friends son just got some GI Joe toys (he's 4) and while he was saying his prayers he said, "Thank you for my family and friends and I can't wait to shoot them"! Um....maybe the toys are not so good!