Soooo... Tuesday morning at about 2 a.m. after putting M to bed for the third time(she's had a dry cough for about 2 or 3 weeks and it had been waking her up in the middle of the night) I started having regular contractions and nothing I did would stop them. Around 3 I woke up Ster and told him I was going to the hospital. We decided he would stay with M unless they were unable to stop labor. So after monitoring me for a while, my contractions were about 5 mins apart. They gave me drugs to stop it which made me super shaky and nauseous. My contractions stopped pretty quickly, but they wouldn't release me until my doc came in that morning because I was dilated to a 3 plus they called it. I was hoping I would get to sleep in the mean time, but no, those nurses were in and out every 5 mins. They ended up drawing my blood and putting it in the wrong color tube, so someone else came in and drew my blood for the same thing again. They kept doing all these tests and I had a minor infection so then they had to give me antibiotics for that. It seemed it was just 1 thing after another. Finally my doc came in at 7:45, and told me I was on a strict bedrest for the next week and a half.
I came home and Ster was trying to rearrange work meetings so I could get as much sleep as possible. He took M to a dr.'s appt in the afternoon. Where she got cough syrup and a flu shot. Ster said she didn't cry at all and when walking out she walked with a limp and was telling everyone she got a "poke and a shot." And "I not cry. I tough!" That night she had a fever a runny nose, a nasty sounding cough, and puked her guts out for an hour! How did that happen?
Today I went in to the doctor for myself and he said 75 percent of women in my "condition" will deliver within a week. He's out of town this weekend and with a sick kid I'm praying to make it a week. My mom is coming up tomorrow, so that relieves some anxiety! Tomorrow M has another dr. appt so hopefully we can get her well quickly! I have a lot to do to get ready for this baby I feel so unprepared, and my nesting instinct has kicked into high gear, but being on a strict bedrest leaves me with no outlet. Ahhh!
vintage
13 years ago
6 comments:
good luck kristin. i am glad your mom is on her way. what a crazy ending to your pregnancy...i hope all goes well in the next few weeks.
oh my goodness - how far along are you? I thought you still had a ways to go yet.. I hope its not too early to deliver.. I will pray for you hun!
Good luck Kristen!! I hope everything goes well!!
Yay! Cant wait! Keep us posted!
Wow! Hope You get some rest before baby arrives.
I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. BIG HUGS... I was on strict bed rest with Collin and it is NO FUN! wink! You are in my heart and prayers.
Post a Comment