Today I was patting myself on the back. I was getting so much done: the house was spic and span, I had gone thru and packed up all the clothes Brooklyn grew out of, I had exercised even(this rarely happens these days!), I even found time to do some crafting....as if that wasn't good enough, I did this with 2 little girls who had decided that they did not need to nap today. I was staying positive about the no napping, because now I could put them to bed an hour and a half earlier and finish my craft projects that I have been trying to get done this whole week. Woo hoo! Well......
Apparently B had another plan for me! I went thru her whole bed time routine with even some extra long snuggle time. And when I walked out, she stood up and started crying, I knew she was sooo tired so I left and thought for sure she would be out within minutes. Not so! when I went back in a while later to see what the deal was.....holy-smell-of-puke!
I take her out of her crib and she pukes ALL OVER ME!!!! ok I'm trying to stay calm, I take her by the bath and thank heavens I did because I never knew so much vomit could come out of such a little thing!!!! Wow! I started dry heaving, and Maddie said, "Oh no mommy not you too!" That made me laugh a little. She also told me, "Mommy we are not having anymore babies huh!" And, "Maybe Brooklyn needs a BETTER mommy!" Earlier today Maddie also asked me if we could "just put Brooklyn away!" I was amused by all of her comments, but maybe a little offended by the "better mommy" one. But after talking with my mom...we think she is maybe trying to get rid of Brooklyn, so she can have me back to herself! I'm going to go with that so I feel better. Ha!
So after bathing B, cleaning the carpet, washing ALL the stuff that was in the path of destruction, I;m sitting here with my sweet snuggly baby watching Yo Gabba Gabba. It's 10 now. An hour and a half past her normal bedtime, and 3 hours past the time of my dreams of putting them to bed. Now this wouldn't be thatt bad ifffff... I hadn't been cleaning up Maddie's puke earlier... but that's another story! Now you are probably wondering if we have some kind of flu bug? Nope!!!! Both girls have the strongest gag reflex and if they get worked up too much... they puke. What the heck?? Does anyone elses children do that? Or are my kids the most dramatic kids you've ever heard of???? Well hope your day was a little less smelly than mine!
vintage
13 years ago
5 comments:
Oh. My. Heavens! Seriously why did no one tell me the ugly side of Motherhood? Lately, I've been feeling like that too- like every night I just wanna put them both to bed super early so I can just get a BREAK already! And of course, it never goes as planned.. and YES Xander does the same thing! If he starts crying hysterically, he will started gagging this really disgusted gagging sound and usually throw up!! Its so gross! One time I locked him in his room and same thing- when I went to finally calm him down, I walk in and it reeked of puke! Its just the cherry on top of the tantrum huh?
Wow, what a day!!! Don't feel bad, Owen does the same thing. If he cries too hard and works himself up too much he totally throws up. I hate to give in some days when I know he just needs to sleep, but I also know what I'm in for if I let it go for too long.
my Chloe has the Gag reflex problem. it can be such a pain especially in the car!
Cheer up ladies, these days too will pass--and much faster than you think. The empty nester days will happen before you know it.....and then you will miss the pitter patter of those little feet and the yukky clean up times..
Not much fun at the time but just think of all the entertaining stories you will have to tell and the memories it will bring back. HaHa. Been there, done that.
My oldest was 4, I had a 17 month old and then had twin girls. I felt like I was nursing, changing diapers and cleaning up puke for years. Oh wait - I was. I thought those years were dragging on FOREVER and I wanted them to hurry up. Now that the fantastic 4 are out on there own I wish those days are back when I could kiss and hug them multiple times a day. Don't rush through it - they will be gone before you know it.
Post a Comment