Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Started Out Rocky....

So this morning I woke to Maddie making music with a pen and the glass on my nightstand. When I opened my eyes the first thing out of her mouth was, "Mommy, I peed on your carpet." This is so NOT my idea of starting off the morning on the right foot.(Or as the Swan Princess would say "This isn't my idea...of fun!) So I get up and see that she has peed right next to the bathroom. 3 more steps and she would 've been on the tile. 3 teeny tiny steps is all she needed. I swear I was having de ja vu, as this had happened at the beginning of the year when she was potty training. But now I'm just mad because she knows WAY better! So after I cleaned up the mess that started at the bathroom door and sloshed its way right up to my bed, I bathed her, dressed her (and informed her that her consequence was NO dresses today. For Maddie that is probably the worst punishment she could recieve!)
       So we sit down for breakfast and I asked her to say prayer, this is verbatim what she said( I kinda grabbed a pen and paper during the prayer because it was so cute and I knew there was no way I would remember it all. Shhh!) "Dear Heavenly Father....what else Mommy?"  Me: "What are you thankful for?"  Maddie: "Thank you for my you(she said this while pointing to me. Awww!), grandpa, my animals, my cereal, milk, window, other window, oven, fridge, microwave, doors, table, an adorable prayer, the elf with all the papers in it (he's our count down to Christmas elf) amen. Brooklyn,(this was said in a very motherly tone) can you say amen? Not yet? Ok when you are older!" I think my day just turned around!

4 comments:

AubreAnn said...

She makes me laugh! She is sooooo funny :)

Glad said...

Adorable, loveable, stubborn little cookie. Good for lots of laughs and stories. Gigi will take her anytime you want to get rid of her.

Presley family said...

Stop it!!! How cute is she. :)
BIG HUGS

Nicole said...

FYI ~ I have not been getting these updates in my feed! So I just read like the last five posts! I love you! I so wished you lived here so we could hang out with our little ones!