Monday, August 3, 2009

Where Have we Been???

K so sorry about my teaser post. I meant to put it up there for a day or two and then give some details. But I got super sick, had my mom up here for a couple weeks, then my sister, and a friend from Vegas, then we went on vacation... and blah, blah, blah! So I am now about 14 weeks along and am starting to feel ALMOST human again, except for the migraines I keep getting. My due date is February 6th. Maddie's was Feb. 3rd. Nice planning on our part huh! So, fingers crossed they won't end up with the same birthday. Maddie was born 5 days early.

So Ster and I just celebrated our 4 year anniversary last month, by going on a 4 night cruise to Cabo. We had a lot fun despite my constant nauseousness(pregnancy + constant rocking of boat... not the best combo) I actually did really well as long as we were out on the deck. Cabo was Hot! Hot! Hot! But we had so much fun there. We went snorkeling which neither one of us had ever done (Well Sterling says he's been before, but I don't think Bear Lake counts!)
So some info on me. I am a total wuss when it comes to water. Huge fear of it esp. the ocean. So we put on all our gear and it's time to jump in. Ster does a back flip, and is hollering at me to get in. So I grab on to the side of the boat and slowly lower myself in(With my life jacket mind you) He's already off... and I'm freaking out. So I had to stop him and explain that I really wanted this to be a good experience, but if he left me again, we might not make it to our 5 year anniversary! (I said this very sweetly! Wink!) So he quickly learned that as long as he held my hand he could pretty much drag me anywhere, including right up to the rocks that we were told to stay far away from.

It was so amazing to see this whole other world, and yet a bit creepy at the same time to have schools of fish swimming right between your legs. I would freak out and then try and breath thru my nose and then somehow my mask would fill with water. Sterling could not figure out how that kept happening. Only me! Ster got to touch this big old blowfish that everyone was passing around. So all in all, snorkeling was awesome, but I thought I would try and make the whole experience more memorable. I chose to do that by getting back on the boat and getting really nauseous... and then puking over the side as everyone was trying to get back on the boat, and shouting, "Hurry! It's coming our way!!!" Fabulous! As Sterling laughed, I consoled myself, by saying I would never see these people again!



This is us in Cabo at Cabo Wabo. Best lobster tacos ever!
Don't judge my outfit... it was REALLY hot there! I kept
going to the showers and drenching myself just to walk around.

Lovers Beach. The water was so pretty.

Our first night on the cruise. This was also our
anniversary.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

How fun to go on a cruise for your anniversary. I wish you could have enjoyed it to the fullest, but the puking over the side of the boat is hilarious! I hope you feel better soon!

Nicole said...

HOW FUN! It's nice that you took the trip and you were such a trooper through the whole thing! Not sure I would have been! You look awesome! I'm so excited for you! You better update the blog regularly with belly pics! I love that! Love you!

Debra said...

Looks like a great time. Aaron and I are trying to plan a cruise for our anniversary. How many days did you go? I had migraines while I was pregnant too, the only thing I could find to help was excedrin tension h.a., and if I took one every a.m. I felt pretty good. Hopefully you find something that works. , (and hopfully you don't think I'm a crazy blog stalker)

The Jones Family said...

Oh MY GOSH... You are a trooper! That would not be fun to be on vacation while sick.. aww :( But, you know, atleast you have some definate good stories to tell when your older.. ;) Cabo is so fun, and so are cruises, so I'm glad you could go. Happy Anniversary! 4 years OH MY GOSH!!! time flies!!

carrie said...

I love Cabo! Sorry you were sick. But at least you will get another beautiful baby out of it. Keep us posted and enjoy the second trimester.

Ceri said...

Hey I don't have any email for you, and I think that I had the right number, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope you are having a great one, and your trip looked like so much fun, I hope that you are feeling well!

Presley family said...

Looks like SOOO much fun!! Oh,and if I have not told you yet... CONGRATS!!!! That is so exciting!!!
BIG HUGS!!

Heywood Clan said...

Congrats on your anniversary and being pregnant! We had the same problem with Spencer and Hannah. Spencer was due on April 17th and Hannah was due on April 12th. Spencer was born on April 14th and I started going into labor with Hannah on April 14th at 6:00am. I thought for sure they were going to have the same b-day, but I guess Hannah was determined to have her own day. She made me wait until the next morning. I was glad though. :)