Our lil' M has become a little smarty pants! I have been renting these dvd's from our library called Signing Time. They are awesome! They teach sign language to children and Maddie just loves them. She has started signing 2 new signs each day. She's starting to sign so much, I'm even getting confused! A couple weeks ago she started signing to me when she had a dirty diaper. Ster was super excited and thought we could stop buying diapers. I laughed!
So tonight she started signing something that was either cheese or cookie. I started with the healthier of the two, but that wasn't it. She wanted a cookie. It was so cute how excited she got when we figured out what she really wanted. This was the first time she signed cookie.
I thought I would throw this picture in. This is Maddie's blessing dress. I can not believe it still fits her!
vintage
13 years ago
5 comments:
That is awesome that she can sign! I looked at that picture and thought...hmmm, that looks alot like her blessing dress... I guess I'm just really smart!
She's cute! I remember when I taught Rachel the sign for "more" and she wanted "more" of everything. You want to give it to them so that they know you understand. I'm sure it was the same way with the cookie.
That's a great show. They used to play it on PBS out here. I did signing with both my boys, it definately helps with the communication before they can talk.
oh thats soo cool!! I always wanted to teach my child to sign too!! I will have to get those dvds for Xander!
That's awesome! I have a couple friends that taught their kids to sign and said life was so much better once they could understand what the kid wanted! Good job! How are things with you guys? Hope all is welL! Love ya!
Post a Comment